Friday, May 18, 2007

Dell Laptop crashed and can't boot up

*sigh* what a night... First I had to do night work to capture some Ethereal data for analysis .. but of all times it had to occur at this time...

I realised that I lost comms with my laptop after running the Ethereal program for some time. Went to check and found that there's a BSOD on the monitor. So I thought that by doing a hard reset, things would be OK. But no!!! It simply would not boot up to the OS!!! It just gave me a blank black screen with no hardisk activity.. now doing some diagnostics to see what went wrong. Also will have to get a new external SATA hardisk enclosure to see if I can still retrieve my unsaved data... I've been working on documentation for some time and I MUST RETRIEVE THOSE STUFF SO THAT I CAN COMPLETE THEM BEFORE I LEAVE THALES!!!

No comments: